Hello! Welcome to my blog! Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well. Press/PR please contact me at BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Gold Foil and Bronze Glitter look- Coastal Scents Hot Pots & Starlooks!


Hi there!

I have a big pile of glitter that I dumped on my floor.  Not on purpose, mind you.  I'm just super clumsy and it drives me up a wall.  Then, as though the universe was conspiring against me, I spilled my MAC tan pigment.  It was at that moment that I threw my hands in the air and said, 'Fine! Make a mess!' to myself and then sat down and did a look out of sheer frustration.  I figured if I was going to have glitter all over the place I might as well glue some to my eyelids.



I wanted a warm, rich golden look and then proceeded to moon around my front entry making goofy pouty faces.  I used gold flake foil and bronze hexagonal glitter as the basis for my spackola today.  The lashes are Red Cherry #DW and I gotta a whole lotta glitter for you.


On the eyes I used MAC's creme colour base in Shell, then I piled on a bit of Coastal Scents Hot Pot Snow Pea on my lid. . I drew in the outer V with MAC's Rich Ground Fluidline and then blended it with Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Deep Roast.  I blended a lot with a fluffy brush all around my eyes because I didn't want it to look too structured.

I blended it out with a bit of Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Earth Rose and a bit of Darling Girl Bronze Dawn. To deepen the outer V, I used Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Incognito.  

The browbone and inner duct is Coastal Scents Hot Pot Ivory Dust.  The gold on the lid and lower lashline is Darling Girls' Whiskey on a Sunday which is my favorite gold, hands down.

The gold foil I bought on ebay from seller mildeast1211- 12 pots of gold foil for like 3 bucks.  

Yeah, Gold foil!
The glitter I bought also on ebay, it's called Harvest Moon from glitznglamourgirl.

Yeah, Glitter! 

Here's some face spam so you can see my face all close up, from weird angles, and it looks like I'm in the bathroom hiding from my kids to take smarmy pictures.  I mean, I never do that.  Like, ever. Actually they're so used to me doing this I walk around with glitter and foil on my eyeballs and they don't even blink. :)



Below are photos I didn't adjust at all other than to put a frame and some text.  I didn't crop.  I want to have these as well as some of the others that are slightly edited (I use Photobucket) so that you can see the actual colors and skin texture and whatnot.  I hate perfect photos that have obviously been photoshopped.  I want to know that real women blog, not picture perfect girls without eye veins and junk.

 

Hope you liked this as much as I did.  I think it turned out great and I love the way the glitter catches the light.  Here's a run down of what I used to get this glittery fabulous look-

Face
Foundation, Ben Nye cake foundation in Bisque, mixed with MAC Fix + fluid
Contour, MAC contouring powder in Shadowy
Powder, MAC Studio Fix powder and foundation, NC15
Bronzer, MAC Stereo Rose Mineralize Skinfinish and contouring powder in Shadowy

Cheeks
Blush, Benefit Rockateur and LORAC baked blush in Plush
Highlight, MAC Studio plus powder in Gold

Lips
Liner, MAC Stripdown
Lips, A bit of Darling Girl Whiskey on a Sunday pigment on cupid's bow and lower lip in the middle
Lipstick, Starlooks Lilu 
Gloss, L'Oreal Soft Brown

Eyes
Primer, MAC creme colour base in Shell
Glitter/Foil fixative, Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Lid, Coastal Scents Snow Pea and then Gold Foil and Harvest Moon glitter on top
Outer V/Crease, Coastal Scents Deep Roast and Incognito
Browbone, Coastal Scents Earth Rose blended into the highlight/browbone with Coastal Scents Ivory Dust
Lower Lashline, Darling Girl Whiskey on a Sunday deepened with Coastal Scents Earth Rose
Liner, MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Mascara, L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Black
Brows, MAC Fluidline in Dipdown
Lashes, Red Cherry #DW (right sidebar to get them at Madam Madeline)

Thanks for taking a look- leave a comment if you're lurking so I can say hello and follow you!

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

2 comments:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I like what you've done with your photos for this post!

Baroque In Babylon said...

Thank you!!